Monday, December 24, 2007

SINK....OR SWIM

Sink…or Swim

(The Denial of my Free Right to Own Guns For Self-Defence is Illogical)

My Argument is this:

Just because you do not wish to learn to swim, or buy life jackets for your family does not mean that you should ever think to prohibit me from learning or buying.

Now, delete “swim” and “life jackets” and replace with “shoot” and “firearms”.

Because there is no significant difference, as risks to our families go, between deep and dangerous waters on the one hand, and fearsome predators such as alligators, cougar, bears, violent Muslims and drug-addicted criminals on the other, my argument stands. You may plead that neither you nor your family ever goes near water and that is your business, and might even be true. However, none of us can forever avoid the predators that are a constant threat to us. Sooner or later one will challenge us and only a firearm provides adequate and logical defence against them all. That is why firearms were invented and it is why they are carried, loaded, worldwide, by police and soldiers.

Formulate all possible rebuttals to the basic logic of my argument. Present them in any way you wish – you nonetheless may be perceived as a fool or a coward, or both!

I flatly refuse to be disarmed by a society of fools and cowards, for I am neither.

Let the predator fear me.

And because the anti-gun lobby will always throw up fallacious counter arguments, consider these:
There are many more babies downed by their mothers than are shot by their fathers. More people die by accidental drowning than by accidental shooting. More people die on fishing trips than on hunting trips. Drowning is usually permanent; gunshots are usually not. Both are preventable or avoidable with proper training and equipment.
Finally this. I alone have the responsibility for myself and my family to prevent death by drowning or by shooting. No person dare interfere with my right or my duty.

When facing a predator, a gun in hand is always superior to a cop on the phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I;m happy to see this Site, up & running.

Hopefully it will work, and accomplish the Goal.

MED CROTTEAU